新东方网>重庆新东方学校>基础英语>新概念>正文

新概念英语第四册句子精粹 Lesson5:青年_新概念英语下载

2017-03-14 10:49

来源:英语世界

作者:

课文5 青年

67. People are always talking about 'the problem of youth'.

人们总是在谈论“青年问题”。

68. If there is one -- which I take leave to doubt -- then it is older people who create it, not the young themselves.

如果这个问题存在的话 -- 请允许我对此持怀疑态度 -- 那么,这个问题是由老年人而不是青年人造成的。

69. Let us get down to fundamentals and agree that the young are after all human beings -- people just like their elders.

让我们来认真研究一些基本事实:承认青年人和他们的长辈一样也是人。

70. There is only one difference between an old man and a young one:

老年人和青年人只有一个区别:

71. the young man has a glorious future before him and the old one has a splendid future behind him:

青年人有光辉灿烂的前景,而老年人的辉煌已成为过去。

72. and maybe that is where the rub is.

问题的症结恐怕就在这里。

73. When I was a teenager, I felt that I was just young and uncertain -- that I was a new boy in a huge school,

我十几岁时,总感到自己年轻,有些事拿不准 -- 我是一所大学里的一名新生,

74. and I would have been very pleased to be regarded as something so interesting as a problem.

如果我当时真的被看成像一个问题那样有趣,我会感到很得意的。

75. For one thing, being a problem gives you a certain identity, and that is one of the things the young are busily engaged in seeking.

因为这至少使我得到了某种承认,这正是年轻人所热衷追求的。

76. I find young people exciting.

我觉得年轻人令人振奋,

77. They have an air of freedom, and they not a dreary commitment to mean ambitions or love of comfort.

他们无拘无束。既不追逐卑鄙的名利,也不贪图生活的舒适。新概念英语下载

78. They are not anxious social climbers, and they have no devotion to material things.

他们不热衷于向上爬,也不一味追求物质享受。

79. All this seems to me to link them with life, and the origins of things.

在我看来,所有这些使他们与生命和万物之源联系在了一起。

80. It's as if they were, in some sense, cosmic beings in violent and lovely contrast with us suburban creatures.

从某种意义上讲,他们似乎是宇宙人,同我们这些凡夫俗子形成了强烈而鲜明的对照。

81. All that is in my mind when I meet a young person.

每逢我遇到年轻人,脑子里就想到

82. He may be conceited, ill-mannered, presumptuous or fatuous,

这些年轻人也许狂妄自负,举止无理,傲慢放肆,愚昧无知,

83. but I do not turn for protection to dreary cliches about respect of elders

但我不会用应当尊重长者这一套陈词滥调来为我自己辨护,

84. as if mere age were a reason for respect.

似乎年长就是受人尊敬的理由。

85. I accept that we are equals, and I will argue with him, as an equal, if I think he is wrong.

我认为我和他们是平等的。如果我认为他们错了,我就以平等的身份和他们争个明白。



新东方重庆学校微信(微信号:xdf_cq)

最新考试资讯、教育新闻,请扫一扫二维码,关注我们的官方微信!

课程推荐

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

 在线咨询
 课程预约